The delights of the physical world were carefully crafted to point to the One who alone is able to give your heart eternal delight. Paul Tripp

Sneak A Peak

Sneak A Peak
Sneak a Peak at the Stern Family

25.2.11

"Ordinary Miracle"

We've had a tumultuous several days. Mike had a bicycle accident and messed up his mouth, and thankfully nothing worse although I have wondered if his brain was detached a couple of times since then...but then I wondered that before too!
Andy, my sister Rendy's husband, has been in the hospital with a very serious case of pneumonia along with several complications, he has now made a turn for the better and we hope will be on the mend quickly.
We also have discovered, thanks to some amazing friends that A little girl we have been trying to adopt has been neglected due to paperwork and is still not available for international adoption although the paperwork was begun a year ago. How many more children wait for families who in turn wait for these children because a pencil-pusher has no passion?
I was touched this morning by a cup of rooibos tea and a Sarah McClachlan song, Ordinary Miracle. And inspired to Hope. And inspired to Give. And I was reminded of a few words that could add passion to my day, and maybe yours: 

"I have seen the business that God has given to the children of man to be busy with. 
He has made everything beautiful in His time. 
Also, He has put eternity into man's heart
yet so that he cannot find out what God has done from beginning to end. 
I perceived that there is nothing better for them 
than to be joyful and to do good as long as they live; 
also that everyone should eat and drink and take pleasure in all his toil--
this is God's gift to man." Ecclesiastes 3:10-13

So we listen and we learn and we love and we take joy in each moment God gives. The snow in winter (even though it's cold and I am weary of the many layers wrapping the kids each morning and the mud on my kitchen floor) the sun in summer (and I can't for the life of me think why I wouldn't enjoy this one) and each human passing through our lives, the unlovable even more than the lovable one. And I learn to listen to the ache in my gut, that I think might be that nugget of eternity He planted there.And I must listen for the world is shouting for so much of me that I cannot possibly stop and enjoy if I do not stop to listen. The Chinese character for listen is beautiful and oh, so descriptive: 
The character for ear is written over a character for king, you can guess what that means. The character for eye is placed over the character for heart. We must listen first, and then watch with all our heart if we are going to hear beauty, eternity. 

Hoping you find beauty and something eternal in your moments today!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for a beautiful post :)

    I'll be praying for your little girl (and the pencil-pusher involved)... and will be on the lookout for "something eternal" today too.

    ReplyDelete